Saturday, 25 April 2026

Grateful 25 Apr: Restful


I had a very good night’s sleep, knocking off completely at 10pm. It has been a long time since I last slept that early. I slept through the night and woke up at 7.30am - and that was when I felt it: a flu coming on. So I decided that today would be a simple, restful day. No hiking, no shopping, nothing unnecessary. I stayed in most of the day, catching up on my report submission, resting, and sleeping. On that note, I’m grateful for the following:
  • Home medication. I woke up this morning feeling quite miserable - my throat was tight, my body felt warm, and there was an overall ache. I was so glad I had medication at home: the usual Panadol for cold and flu, Anarex muscle relaxants, and the works. The medication helped me relax and alleviated the flu symptoms, allowing me to take a good nap in the afternoon. It was genuinely refreshing.
  • Food. Despite feeling unwell, I still managed to head out for my meals. It’s comforting to know that food is always nearby. I had lunch at Simei and dinner at Bedok - familiar meals that warmed both the stomach and the heart.
  • Peace & comfort. If anything, I’m proud of myself for completing all the training reports and submitting them this morning. It lifted a weight off my mind and allowed me to rest without being distracted by unfinished work. I’m also grateful for having a comfortable home - and for living alone. It allowed me to rest fully, without feeling self-conscious. So yes, today was truly a restful day, and I choose to celebrate rest. 
I had a deeply restful day, made possible by a calm mind free from the pressure of incomplete work - and, just as importantly, by simple medication that eased the physical discomfort. Personally, I think what I felt today was, to a large extent, brought on by the pressure I placed on myself over the training. I’ve been a perfectionist for a long time, and I’m starting to see that this may not serve me well moving forward - it is simply too energy-sapping. This is something I need to be more mindful of and manage.

2 comments:

  1. Get some rest until you're past the flu!

    ReplyDelete