Friday, 10 April 2026

Grateful 10 Apr: Uneven day

I completed Day 1 of my training today, and I didn’t feel entirely good about it. Still, I think it is important to let go of the negative feelings. It is my first time delivering this module, and perhaps I had set expectations for myself that were too high. 
  • Showing up despite discomfort. It was an early start. I woke up feeling extremely tired, likely due to the heavy dinner last night, and my mind was active with thoughts about the day’s lessons. I also felt slightly feverish through the night. Despite that, I still got up early, went for my walk, had breakfast, and prepared for the training. The session started reasonably well, although I felt a little off. I am grateful that all the training admin I had prepared turned out better than expected, which gave me some stability to begin the day. 
  • Awareness in delivery. For the lesson itself, I realised I had focused more on developing the PM content and did not give enough attention to the morning segment. As a result, my delivery in the morning was not as smooth as I would have liked. I could sense some confusion among the learners, and it struck me that while I could fully understand what I was saying, it did not mean they could. I noticed blank expressions at times and had to check in with them. Although they said they were following, I had my doubts. Still, I am grateful for this awareness, as it helped me recalibrate my approach in the afternoon and adjust my delivery. 
  • Engagement and pacing decisions. A few learners asked very good questions, and I was able to share deeply from my experience. I am grateful for their engagement, as it made the session more meaningful. But this took up a considerable amount of time, and I decided to cancel an activity. This allowed me to cover the key content and still end the session on time at 6pm. I was glad I was able to let them off for the weekend as planned. 
Reflecting on today, I realise I may not have paid enough attention to the morning content, and I may have overextended in my sharing. Even so, I am grateful for the experience, especially since this is the first time I’m delivering this module. It has given me clarity on what to refine and where I can better add value when I deliver this module again next month. Today also helped me understand the learners better, and I believe I can provide them with a stronger Day 2 experience next Friday. For now, I need to rest, as I am running a fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment