Thursday, 16 April 2026

Grateful 16 Apr: Happy Day

I was a happy person today, and I am grateful for how things are developing. I will not write everything here, as some details are better left unshared. Instead, I will focus on a few moments. 

  • Walk. I decided to make a trip to Tanah Merah Beach this afternoon despite the scorching heat. I thought I could get a good tan as I do my daily walk, and the trip did not disappoint. I managed to get quite a tan - I look like a bright lobster now. More importantly, I am grateful for the ability to make the walk. I admit I have been a little lazy of late and may have used the weather as an excuse, so I am glad I pushed through. 
  • Otters. I spent some time at the beach enjoying the sun. What made the trip special was spotting 2 otters. It was unusual, as they typically move in groups of 10 to 20. I wondered if they had broken away from a larger group and starting a new pack. I recorded a video and sent it to a friend who specialises in otters. He was excited and forwarded it to the team conducting an otter census in Singapore. I am glad I could contribute in a small way, and even more grateful that I made the trip. 
  • Rest Points. By the time I walked back, I was tired, thirsty, and quite dehydrated. Thankfully, there were rest points and canteens along the way where I could rest, buy my dinner, and enjoy a kopi o kosong before heading home. 
It was a good day. I managed to do what I needed before my final day of training tomorrow. I ended the evening by running through some content with a fellow trainer to help her prepare for her session too. Overall, it was a productive and fulfilling day, and I am grateful for all that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment