I previously wrote about those 5 defining days in early June.
The effects of what happened have stretched far beyond those days, shaping the months that followed and the way I experience each moment. It was a turning point that left a deep and lasting mark on how I live my life and interact with the world - and how the world interacts with me in the foreseeable future.
Life doesn’t always unfold as we expect, and there’s a quiet strength in learning to navigate its unexpected turns - not that I have a choice. For now, I hold this understanding close, letting it shape me in ways that are still unfolding, one day at a time. And quietly, I continue, letting each day unfold as it will, shaped by what I now carry.
Once again, I ask that no questions be asked. Let me keep this quietly within myself and among the few people I’ve chosen to share it with.
Not everything needs to be shared. It seems you got through this trauma and recovered. That's important.
ReplyDelete