Friday, 21 November 2025

Learning from Mistakes

I received a series of texts from a friend this morning. The last message said something along the lines of, “I would like to sincerely apologise to you,” and he asked if I could spare a moment for a chat.

During the call, he shared that he had made a mistake several days ago. He remembered a conversation we had a few weeks back about changing his behaviours and moving forward in life. Apparently, he slipped, hence the call. He asked if I would still consider him a friend, and whether I would judge him. He sounded genuinely remorseful.

Frankly, I was surprised he even recalled our conversation. He was someone I got to know not too long ago, and he had shared some details about his life during one of our chats. I took the opportunity then to give him some advice, and we parted ways after that. Anyway, after he apologised, I gently told him it was good that he recognised the mistake, and that he should take accountability, learn from it, and move on with life.

After we hung up, I sent him a short motivational video from Instagram. I felt he needed that little push. I wished him well.

No comments:

Post a Comment