I sometimes come up with punchy lines spontaneously, and when I read them over again, I sometimes ask - how the hell did I come out with such lines. Here’s one:
It’s easier for me to cry happy tears for people than to cry sad tears for myself...
I shared this in my WhatsApp conversation with someone because we managed to help a mutual friend who has cancer get his wishes fulfilled. It meant so much to me knowing that he got what he wanted that I teared up.
As for crying sad tears, I’m not in the business of self-pity. If anything bad happens to me, I will try to see the positives, pick myself up, and move along. This reminds me of another phrase I shared with a friend recently:
Life will always give you lemons.
When it does, make lemonade out of it - and share the joy with everyone around you!
I’ve adapted it from “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” It resonates deeply with me - turning negatives into positives and while at it, spread the love and joy!
Note: Just watched 50/50 on Netflix, feeling nice and warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment