Being punctual is a form of respect that one should - and must - accord to the other party. Being late despite having been given a window to arrive is, to me, unacceptable.
I say this because, despite a half-hour allowance, a friend texted to say he would be late due to traffic - a reason that is difficult to accept, especially when the time buffer was generous enough to cover the entire travelling time from his home to our meeting point.
Personally, I always make it a point to arrive 10–15 minutes before the agreed time. Apart from being a sign of respect for the person I am meeting, arriving early also means feeling less stressed and showing up in the right frame of mind.
But I suppose I should not use my own norm as a yardstick for others’ behaviour.
Being late can happen despite our best efforts. However, is this a one time thing or is he always late?
ReplyDeleteAgree to a certain extend. But if you know the person has the habit of being late, then it’s not acceptable, especially with the “traffic” excuse…
Delete