I completed the first day of my two-day training today, and overall I thought went relatively smoothly. That said, the pacing was not quite what I had intended. I moved too quickly and ended up with more time than expected. I ended up bringing forward some of tomorrow’s content. I will need to think about how best to fill the time tomorrow, perhaps by designing an additional activity. Let me think about it. Anyway, training was the main focus of my day, and there are a few things I am especially grateful for:
- Preparedness. I was well prepared, and this gave me the confidence to move through the content smoothly and respond effectively to participants’ questions. Although my pacing could have been better, my familiarity with the material allowed me to adjust the schedule and adapt when needed. What matters most is that the learners were able to follow and had a positive learning experience. I am grateful for the effort I invested in preparing, as it made a real difference today. Today’s experience reinforces my belief that we can only be truly creative when our foundations are strong. My preparedness and familiarity with the content allowed me to be flexible and creative in my delivery when things did not go according to plan.
- Beer. After a full day of training, I felt quite drained. It has long been a personal ritual of mine since years ago to have a mug of beer after such sessions, even when I conducted training overseas during my corporate days. I continued with that routine with a bottle of beer over dinner in Bedok today. It was the natural thing to do. I am grateful for this simple pleasure as it helps me unwind and settle after an intense day. It also reminds me that such small indulgences, while seemingly trivial, can bring balance to life, especially during demanding periods.
- Entertainment. I appreciate being able to wind down at the end of the day with YouTube. It has become a comforting routine - whether it is karaoke, documentaries, or short films, including LGBT stories that are not often shown on mainstream platforms such as the tv or Netflix. Tonight, I ended the day learning about the history of Chinese surnames and watching BL films. It felt like a gentle and enjoyable close to the day, and something I have come to appreciate more over time.
Today was, in many ways, a typical training day - waking early, having breakfast, logging in, conducting the session, heading out for dinner, and ending the day with some quiet entertainment. There is something worth appreciating in this sense of routine.
More importantly, I am reminded that it is not just about delivering training. It is about supporting my learners’ development, and that is something I find genuinely meaningful.
No comments:
Post a Comment