These days, after leaving corporate life, the distinction between weekdays and weekends has gently faded. My days now move in a steady, familiar rhythm - work (when there is upcoming training), afternoon walks and exercise, rest, and the occasional indulgence in shows online or on television. Today followed much of that rhythm, but it carried a slightly different undertone. You see, I had been navigating some lingering emotions since last evening. The shows I watched, thus, became both an escape and a means of easing that heaviness, and for that, I am grateful.
- Nanny McPhee. I spent the latter part of the afternoon watching 2 children's shows: Nanny McPhee (2005) and Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang (2010) on Netflix. They were fun and entertaining as they were touching. Both films explored a range of human emotions - fear, love, betrayal, competition, and so on. It was lovely to see the strong cast of both shows, and to reflect on how the child actors have since grown into young adults, while some familiar faces, such as Maggie Smith, have since passed on. I’m grateful for the warmth and lightness these films brought to my afternoon.
- AI-generated documentaries. I devoted much of the early evening to watching AI-generated documentaries on YouTube. It continues to amaze me how AI can recreate scenes from history and legend - Chinese dynasties, Alexandria, even Atlantis. These shows offer a glimpse into how life might have been in the past, while providing both enjoyment and learning. I’m grateful for an evening that felt both engaging and enriching.
- Songs. Listening to MTVs on YouTube has become a regular part of my routine. It provides a gentle background as I work or write, and sometimes helps to drown the noise from the playground below. At times, I find myself singing along - especially to songs that carry familiar melodies and memories. These moments bring a quiet sense of comfort and nostalgia.
It has been a slow and reflective day. I began by completing some meaningful training preparation, but for much of the day, my mind remained preoccupied with a lingering issue from last night, sparked by a message from someone. Although I responded after my exercise, the heaviness stayed with me for a while. Yet, as the day unfolded, there was a gradual lightening. The online shows and music did more than distract - they gently helped me regain a sense of balance and return to myself. For that quiet shift, I am truly grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment