Monday, 13 April 2026

Grateful 13 Apr: Reset & Reignite

It is not often that I feel glad about the start of a new week, especially when weekdays and weekends no longer mean much to me after leaving corporate life. But that was exactly how I felt today. Somehow, the start of this week helped me reset and refocus. So here are the things I am grateful for: 

  • The Next Module. A new week does seem to bring a different kind of energy. It nudged me to start looking at next week’s module, even as I wrapped up the current one. The last time I taught this module was in March last year, and going through the content again, I realised much updates need to be done. That said, I surprised myself a little by completing almost 30% of it today - which is fast, by my standards. 
  • A Visit by B. B came over with dinner, and we spent the evening chatting about his recent 3-week trip to Spain and Portugal. It was a very easy and relaxing evening, and I am glad for the company. One of the reasons for his visit was to collect the pot of ficus that I had marcotted, and I am glad the plant now has a new home. More than that, I appreciate these simple moments when a friend drops by and we just spend time together. 
  • A Renewed Interest. Listening to B talk about his trip across Portugal and Spain, and the different places he visited, stirred something in me. Maybe it is time to start planning again. The last time I planned a trip to Europe was in 2019, but COVID-19 disrupted those plans and I put everything on hold. Since then, I have not seriously considered it, mainly because of concerns about cost. But hearing about his trip made it feel far more doable than I had imagined. I am grateful for that realisation - it got me thinking again. 
  • Being Present. Before I conclude, I thought it is worth mentioning one more thing - my friend A called me, in tears, feeling sad, helpless and overwhelmed about the impending passing of a loved one. Experiences like this is part and parcel of life (and death) and often laden with very heavy emotions. I am thankful for his trust, and I am glad I could be there to hold space for him. 
So yes, these were the main highlights of my day - a good start to the week, meaningful progress on work, being present for someone who needed support, and a renewed interest in travel. It feels like one of those days where different parts of my life came together in a simple but meaningful way. And for all that unfolded today, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment