Friday, 17 April 2026

Grateful 17 Apr: Draining but Positive

Quite a few positive moments today. I ended the day feeling drained, but in a good way. Here are some of the things I am grateful for: 

  • Fulfilling training. I ended the day on a high note after delivering a training session that I personally felt went well. I am not overly concerned about the evaluation feedback (which I will receive in the coming week), as I tend to measure effectiveness by how I feel and whether the outcomes were achieved - and today, we had a 100% pass rate. That felt very satisfying, especially as this is a topic I am deeply familiar with. I was able to share my experiences naturally and authentically, and seeing even the non-practitioners succeed was particularly rewarding. I am grateful for the opportunity - it has been a year in the making, and I finally did it. 
  • Reconnections with Friends. For some reason, I received a few messages from former colleagues and friends today. One of them had not been in touch for close to a decade, so her message felt especially heartwarming. The last time I saw her family, her son was barely a metre tall - and now he is over 1.8 metres and taller than me! Another friend checked in to see how I have been, and I was glad to learn that she is now happily settled in her job after a few challenging years transitioning from her cabin crew days. Yet another shared that her biopsy results were positive, with nothing concerning. I am truly grateful for these connections - their messages meant a lot. 
  • Double dinner. After training, I felt quite drained and had dinner at Bedok South. To my surprise, the price of caifan seems to have doubled in just two weeks - my only (half-serious) conclusion is - Iran war (some president, to be exact, LOL)! After that, I messaged a friend who had just returned from Finland, and by coincidence, she had just landed and was on her way home. We ended up meeting for another round of food - this time, north-eastern Chinese cuisine, along with a bottle of beer for myself. Superbly indulgent, and I cannot remember the last time I had two dinners in one evening. Still, I am grateful for both the company and the experience. It is nice to allow such moments once in a while. 
So yes, despite the physical drain from training, the people - trainees, friends - and good food more than made up for it. I ended the day feeling very good and deeply grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment