Wednesday, 22 April 2026

Grateful 22 Apr: Support

There are many things I am grateful for today - completing my training preparations, a conducive environment to work, enjoying nasi padang after quite a while (even though it was superbly expensive), and more. But I want to call out a few in particular: 

  • Taking Ownership. As I had shared before, there have been changes in leadership for my training, and processes are now being split between the Sgp and overseas offices. Today, I attended a briefing by the Sgp office, which followed up on my earlier conversation with the overseas rep earlier this week. I am glad that things were clarified, and I am grateful that those involved are taking ownership and actively working to ensure nothing falls through the cracks. 
  • Support. I was chatting with D, and the conversation turned rather sombre. It was about T’s (our common friend) worsening health, and how D is feeling the weight knowing there is only so much he can do. It seems to me that he is already going through the grieving process, even though T has not yet left us. Being alongside someone who is dying is something most of us will face at some point. Having gone through this many times, I have learned and possibly better prepared to navigate such conversations. I am glad I could share with D how to be present and support T in his final days. Hopefully, it helps him come to terms with what lies ahead. In this, I am grateful for the experiences I have had over the years. 
  • Preparing for Interview. L is a colleague-turned-friend, and I had the opportunity to speak with her early this morning as she prepares for an upcoming interview. I am grateful for her trust in giving me the space to share some thoughts on how she might approach the conversation. I surprised myself by how naturally I was able to offer a range of practical pointers. 
It was a day that started early and ended well, knowing that I was able to support my friends through their various challenges - and for that, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment