Today is a strong reminder of the value of small, intentional actions - reaching out, creating space to focus, and taking time to clarify things. Nothing dramatic happened, but the day ended well and I’m grateful for that.
- Tr. We met during a coaching module two years ago, and since then have caught up occasionally to peer coach each other, or simply to catch up. It’s been about 4 - 5 months since we last met and I decided to drop her a simple message to check in. As it turned out, she had just lost her job last week. The timing felt almost uncanny. We’ve arranged to meet next week. I’m glad I reached out and hope I can help her sort through her thoughts.
- Focus. I went to the library today - something I haven’t done in a long while. I thought a change of environment might help as I worked on developing an activity for this week’s training. I didn’t expect to get so absorbed in it, but I did. Time passed quickly, and within 2 - 3 hours, the work was done. I’m thankful for that kind of deep concentration - it doesn’t always come easily.
- Clarity. I had a call with the overseas office today. Since my team lead’s departure, I’ve had some lingering questions about how responsibilities are now split between them and Sgp. The conversation helped to clear most of that uncertainty. It wasn’t everything, but it was enough to give me a better sense of things. I’m looking forward to the call with the Sgp office later this week.
If there’s one thing I’m taking away from today, it’s that small actions do add up. A simple message, a change of space, a conversation - each helped in its own way. Nothing big, but enough to feel settled, clear, and grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment