Tuesday, 10 February 2026

Grateful - 10 Feb: Simple Joys


Woke up feeling a little tired, dehydrated yet bloated from last night’s dinner and decided to take things a bit slower today. It was nice to end the day feeling rested, and energized. With this, let me give thanks to the following:
  • People watch. I took my usual coffee break at the coffee shop this afternoon and instead of rushing through my coffee (which I usually do so I could proceed with my afternoon walk), I decided to just sit and observe the world pass by. It turned out to be a rather pleasant experience: watching a rather unkempt uncle sang along as he blasted a speaker with a weird mix of songs - English, Chinese, Hokkien, etc, office workers rushing through their lunch, retirees wilding their time away… and oh, I was singing away in my head to the songs as I drank my coffee too!
  • Gardening. I maintain a collection of plants at my balcony and I decided to marcot my ficus plant after lunch. It has grown too big and I thought it is time to create new plants out of it. Doing so will also allow me to downsize it significantly once the new plants take root. Gardening has always been a therapeutic pastime for me and today’s experience is no different. It was a lovely afternoon!
  • Visit by B. I am thankful to B for visiting me. He had gone back to his home country last week and decided to dropped by my place with dinner and some stuff from home. I appreciate his gestures and we had a nice chat. Have known him since last year and while he has his quirks that can some time irritate the hell out of me, he is, overall a very nice person. Grateful for his warm gestures.
So yeah, it was a slow day and I ended it feeling energized after attending an online workshop in the evening. 

2 comments:

  1. Taking care of some plants on your balcony is definitely therapeutic. If there is something you can grow to eat that's even better. Something to watch and nurture every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I used to plant Mexican mint (Indian borage) and shallots and had harvested them regularly to cook. Now, I have turmeric and ginger. Had harvested part of my ginger last month and replanted it for future consumption.

      Delete