Monday, 2 February 2026

Grateful - 2 Feb: Festivity

Today, I did quite a bit of spring cleaning and for my afternoon break, instead heading for my usual afternoon walk, I took a bus and just alighted when I felt like it. I ended with a most interesting afternoon before finally heading back to my usual coffee shop for my coffee. As such, in my journal today, I want to give thanks to the following:
  • The sights and sounds of the Chinese New Year bazaar that I experienced while visiting a neighbourhood centre near my place. What a sight it was - the red lanterns, decorations, and not to mention the New Year cookies, fruits, and flowers in full glory! There was such a lively and energetic atmosphere. I simply love this time of the year as we prepare for the festival.
  • A special shout-out to the coffee shop cashier auntie who never fails to smile and tell me, “You are always the fastest with the PayNow app!” LOL! You see, I visit the coffee shop near my home daily for my dose of kopi-o kosong, and I usually make my digital payment even before placing my order. This always makes auntie very happy, as she tends to get impatient - especially when the queue is long. So yes, thank you, auntie, for being cheerful and kind to me always!
  • A most fruitful day of spring cleaning. I started my morning washing the toilet next to the kitchen and ended my day cleaning more of my kitchen. As of now, I am especially pleased that I have almost completed cleaning my kitchen! This include the kitchen cabinets (inside and out, including all their contents, cutlery, plates, bowls, etc) and the shelves. I’ve also sharpened and cleaned the knives, removed the oil and grime from the stove, and cleaned the fridge, microwave oven, air fryer, rice cooker, and many, many more items. It has taken me a few days to reach where I am. Probably just a bit of touching up here and there before finally washing the floor, and then I’ll be done!
    The spontaneity allowed me a good and refreshing change from the usual routines. Perhaps I should do this more often in future. Goodnight!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment