I had a fun day today, cycling at East Coast Park, and I want to give thanks to:
- My friend D, who suggested cycling. He thought it would be good to get our friend, who is unwell, out for some fresh air. It turned out to be a really good outing - not just because of the sun, the wind, and all that, but more importantly, because it was nice to see everyone being active, happily chatting, and quietly caring for one another. It’s the kind of friendship that isn’t very verbally expressive, but is shown in subtle ways. I’m really glad to have these two friends.
- The simplest things in life - the coffee I drank, the food I cooked and ate, and, for that matter, the water that keeps me alive and hydrated. These are things we rarely pay much attention to, but without them, we probably wouldn’t be around for long.
- Reflecting on these basics, I’m also reminded of - and deeply grateful for - all the conditions that must come together before they are available to us: the source, processing, delivery, technology, and the people behind it all.
So yeah, it’s a relatively shorter post today, but no less meaningful.
No comments:
Post a Comment