Monday, 9 February 2026

Grateful - 9 Feb: Mixed Emotions

It’s so nice to be able to meet up with my old army mates. Friendships formed when we were younger were so much purer, and despite the different directions our lives have taken, we are still able to see one another for who we truly are - not based on factors such as wealth or social status. That is what makes our annual meet-ups so much fun. This was the highlight of the day that I am most thankful for. So here’s today’s list:
  • Old army mates. Met up with my army mates for our annual CNY reunion dinner. It was a great catch-up, and it was good to see everyone again after all this time. There were five of us, but we drank seven jugs of beer over dinner - I’m feeling so bloated now! Most importantly, I met up with a close friend who has been by my side through 40 years of friendship. He has been based in the US since the mid-90s and returns home yearly with his wife. I have never failed to meet him whenever he is back. We met an hour earlier to catch up before the dinner proper. So nice.
  • Zoom recordingI spent the whole morning preparing and submitting my post-training documents, but I had a rude shock when I realised that I had made an error the day before and failed to take attendance for my learners’ assessment. There was nothing much I could do except inform the company about my mistake. Looking on the positive side, I was glad I discovered the error and was able to provide an update - all because I took the time to review the Zoom recording. The error was discovered by chance, but I’m thankful it came to light, thanks to the video recording.
    • Meditation. I managed to meditate again this morning after missing it for two days. It felt good to return to the practice. I skipped it over the past two days because I wanted to head out for my walk before sunrise, when the air was cooler.
    I thought it would be a simple day, but it turned out otherwise. By the end of it, I had experienced fun, anxiety, and calm - very contrasting indeed!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment