Thursday, 5 March 2026

Grateful 5 Mar: Abundance


I woke up today feeling good, knowing that I have managed to clear most of the weight I gained over the past week or so. It was a reassuring start to the day, and it reminded me that with a bit of discipline and consistency, things can be brought back into balance again. The day itself went by rather routinely - with my usual exercises, work, and quiet moments in between. I also had a visit from B, who had just returned from his hometown. This visit end up being the highlight of the day. So today, I find myself grateful for the following: 
  • Dinner & Food. B visited and brought dinner along with some food from his hometown. I am always touched by this simple but thoughtful gesture. Each time he goes home, he makes the effort to remember this friend of his and brings something back for me. Such thoughts and acts carry a great deal of warmth and kindness and I am deeply grateful of. 
  • Lovely Evening. I also thank B for the nice evening chatting, listening to songs and catching up. He recommended and we watched Comrades: Almost a Love Story (1996) (picture above)It was such a lovely show! Watching Maggie Cheung and Leon Lai on screen again brought back a wave of nostalgia. And of course, hearing Teresa Teng’s songs once more added to that familiar, sentimental feeling. There was a great evening - not just from the film and music, but also the conversation, and the simple joy of spending time with a friend. Some films and songs seem to carry a timeless quality - they bring us back to another era and remind us of how certain emotions never really change. 
  • Abundance Again. And so I end the day with plenty of food in my fridge once again! Not only from B, but also because my sis dropped by too and brought even more food. Just when I thought I had finally managed to clear most of the food in my fridge, it is now fully stocked again. Haha. It feels a little ironic, considering how hard I have been working to manage my weight. Nonetheless, I give thanks to these warmth and abundance. 
I end the day feeling rather full and slightly bloated and the cycle of weight gain and weight loss will have to begin all over again. But then again, this is hardly something to complain about. All the food in my fridge represents the care and generosity of people around me. In that sense, I remain deeply grateful to be surrounded by such warmth, not only from my sister, but also from friends who continue to remember me in their own quiet ways. A quiet abundance, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment