Monday, 30 March 2026

Grateful 30 Mar: Listening Within (2)

Today was a continuation of yesterday’s lesson - learning to listen more closely to my body and respond with care rather than habit. While the discomfort from my piles relapse persisted, it also created space for me to slow down, be more intentional, and reflect on how I manage both rest and recovery. The pain has eased compared to yesterday, and I believe the proper rest I had last night made a significant difference. 
  • Good rest. As a rule, I try not to take medication unless absolutely necessary, but I chose to take a muscle relaxant and some painkillers before bed. I am glad I did. I slept soundly through the night and woke at about 7am feeling sufficiently rested. It has been a while since I managed to sleep through without waking, and I was reminded that sometimes, allowing myself support - even in the form of medication - can aid recovery rather than detract from it. 
  • Slow & deliberate. I moved through the day in a slower and more deliberate manner. To avoid aggravating the condition, I reduced my walking distance from my usual 13–15k steps to about 8k. I also took a more proactive approach by reading up on the condition and applying a steroid cream to manage the inflammation. This felt like a small but meaningful act of self-care - learning to respond to my body with informed and intentional action. In doing so, I realised that slowing down does not equate to being unproductive; in fact, the day still felt purposeful and passed more quickly than I expected. 
  • Little blessings. I also found myself appreciating the small comforts around me - the breeze flowing through my home despite the warm weather, simple snacks like teriyaki abalone, cashew nuts, and belinjau crackers. These moments reminded me that even on quieter, slower days, there is a quiet abundance to be noticed and appreciated. 
In many ways, today reaffirmed that taking care of myself is not a pause from progress, but part of it. Slowing down, listening within, and responding with care may seem like small actions, but they are building a more sustainable way of moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment