Tuesday, 27 January 2026

A New Router

I’ve just upgraded my home Wi-Fi plan, and the technician came by today to replace the router. With the new router installed, the existing mesh system (or router?) at home has been acting a little weird. I’m admittedly not the wisest when it comes to these setups - considering I don’t even really know the difference between a mesh and a router. Anyway, I asked the technician to retain the same Wi-Fi name, and he cleverly suggested keeping it but suffixing it with 2.4G and 5G to differentiate it from the current one and avoid any conflicts (whatever that means).

The home mesh system (or router?) was originally installed and set up by my ex, and perhaps it’s truly time to let it go and replace it with a new setup altogether. It’s not really about the money; rather, it’s about moving on with life and no longer having to worry about whether things will work now that he’s no longer living here. He moved out in May 2024, so it really is time. Symbolically, this Wi-Fi upgrade - and the accompanying replacement with a newer, more powerful router - also represents an upgrade of me as a person: independent, self-reliant, and no longer living in the shadow of my previous relationship (not that I ever really was).

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment