Saturday, 31 January 2026

Grateful - 31 Jan: Presence

It is scary how quickly 2026 is passing. It is already the end of January, and as part of my gratitude journalling today, I want to acknowledge the following:
  • I am grateful for the awareness to live the past month the way I wanted to. It has made this year feel far more purposeful. Looking at the focus areas I had listed, I must admit that not everything happened naturally. At times, I had to consciously remind myself and put measures in place - just as I did with my deliberate daily gratitude journalling. But I am glad I stayed with it.
  • I am grateful that I was able to make a difference to my coachee. I shared yesterday about giving her feedback for her public speaking contest, and I was so happy to learn that she won two prizes for her speech. I could not be prouder of her. I am not sure how much my feedback contributed, but from her update, I could sense her joy and appreciation - and that truly made my day.
  • Lastly, and not something I want to take for granted, I am thankful for the meals I had today - from simple home-prepared food to something readily available at the coffee shop. What stands out is the abundance of choice at every meal: healthy, well-balanced, or otherwise, and the freedom to decide what I eat. This is a luxury that not everyone has.
I am a blessed person.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the basic things, like a cup of coffee in the morning or a good home cooked meal, should make us thankful. Many people don't get these basics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Rob. There are so many little blessings that enrich our lives; yet we often take for granted. Lovely reminder. Thanks!

      Delete