These 2 days after the training were much more relaxing, and they allowed me to rest and recuperate. I had a little more time to myself - catching up on routines, going for walks, and visiting Kusu Island. So, let me give thanks for:
- D. D reached out to me early yesterday morning to ask if I would like to head to Kusu. We had spoken about it before, and I knew this trip meant a lot to him. The outing was good and gave me a welcome break from my usual routine. Above all, I had a really nice day out with D. It was thoughtful of him to buy me lunch and invite me over to his place afterwards. I am grateful for the time spent together and for his company.
- Rest & Relax. I felt totally drained today. Perhaps it was the after-effects of the training, or maybe the visit to Kusu, where we walked quite a bit and climbed a small hillock. Whatever the reason, I felt physically exhausted. I was therefore especially thankful for the extra time I had to rest today. I managed to take a nap in the afternoon, do my laundry, and simply catch up on my own routines.
- Walks. Despite my exhaustion, I still made it a point to go for my walks over these 2 days. I told myself that I needed to continue clocking my steps and remain disciplined. And that was exactly what I did, albeit at a slower pace. But to break the monotony, I decided to walk around Bedok Central, including the shopping mall and neighbourhood shops. It was lovely to take things easy, enjoy some snacks at the hawker centre, window shop, and clock my steps at the same time.
Apart from the visit to Kusu, these 2 days were probably spent on simple routines - walks, laundry, watching tv, and taking naps. It was a huge contrast to the exceptionally hectic preceding few days of training. I am grateful for this slower pace, as it gave me the space to simply rest, relax, and recuperate.
No comments:
Post a Comment