After an intense week, the last thing I expected was a difficult night and poor sleep. So I decided to just take things slow today. And for that, I am grateful for:
- Mind. Allowing myself to rest a little longer. After my morning meditation, I decided to go back to bed and rest a while more. There’s no rush to engage in deep thinking or handle heavy work. It’s simply a day to slow down, breathe, and take things gently. My mind needs this break, and I’m grateful for it.
- Body. The opportunity to pause and give myself the space to simply laze in bed. No stress to do anything intense or physical. Just being spontaneous and napping if I feel like it. After a week of constantly moving and doing, the pause for my body feels necessary.
- Stomach. Taking things easy and not stressing my stomach, especially after the indigestion from last night’s oily Chinese food. So today’s meals were light and without the pressure to have my “usual” meals on time. Just slow walks, watery porridge, and plenty of water to settle the stomach. It’s a day to recover and reset.
Being intentional about resting and giving myself the space to recuperate is probably the best thing I can do for myself today. And I’m grateful that I made the decision to do so, especially after a night of poor sleep and feeling uncomfortable from indigestion.
Sometimes, our body has a way of telling us to slow down when our mind keeps wanting to push on. Today felt like one of those reminders.
No comments:
Post a Comment