i am so glad election day is finally here.
and although i do not follow the rallies deliberately, it was almost impossible not to hear parts of it as it was reported in the news on tv, on the radio, in the papers, etc. and as of today, i am really tired and sick of it. so, i can imagine how traumatic it must have been for the americans to have to endure such a long period of campaigning by the 2 candidates. and it seemed not too long ago when we were put through the same process in 2008.:-)
ps: and i do really hope obama wins. other than all the objective reasons, i also think he looks better and more trustworthy than romney.
picture from http://ecatreport.com/andrearossi/andrea-rossi-and-the-u-s-elections
picture from http://ecatreport.com/andrearossi/andrea-rossi-and-the-u-s-elections
First time commenter, although I've followed your blog for some time: I enjoy your point of view and insights.
ReplyDeleteI'm from the State of Ohio and this was much worse then 2008: corporations are now people, according to the US Supreme Court, and money was freely spent by Super PACs. Good for the economy with TV overloaded with Ads, and mailboxes strained under the load.
I voted this morning to make our shared hope come true. Unfortunately, this could go to the courts like 2000 since the country is so divided and Republican state governments have tried to illegally suppress votes.
Best wishes
Hey Edwin,
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading and thanks for the comment. Yup, let's hope there's a clear winner, whoever he might be. It'll really be very regretful if what happened in 2000 happens again. I wish you guys well, I really do.
And hey, US is such a beautiful country!
:-)
Thank you. I'm not much of a traveller, but photos reveal there are beautiful places around the world including the Lion City. Each place has its charms and points of interest :-)
ReplyDelete:-)
ReplyDeletemany a times, the eyes see what it wants to see... and thus, the green grass across the other side seem greener, but yes, we do have beautiful places everywhere. we just need to open our eyes, and our hearts.
ok, i am not sure why i said what i said, but it just seemed right.
heh...
have a good one Edwin.