Last night, I had 2 very disturbing dreams, although I can only recall one of them.
I was standing outside the grille of a place (perhaps a prison cell? or a home?), and Sapphie, my dog, was inside. For some reason, I didn’t want to show myself because I didn’t want the occupants to know I was there. So I called out to her softly.
She didn’t respond, so I moved closer, whistled, and called her name again. This time, she heard me. Her ears twitched, and she turned her head to look in my direction and she started whining. But she didn’t come to the grille because I was hidden from view.
In that half-asleep state, it hit me suddenly that she had been dead for more than a decade. The blurred line between the dream and reality was very confusing. And, at that moment, I felt an overwhelming sense of sadness. I told myself that I needed to remember this dream.
Then I drifted back to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment