Saturday, 6 June 2026

Grateful 6 Jun: A Well Spent Day

I felt a little feverish and had a runny nose last night, so I decided to turn in early after taking some antihistamines and Panadol. I woke up feeling sufficiently refreshed, and the day unfolded at a comfortable pace: heading out for a nice morning walk, working on my trainer profile, fulfilling my craving for cai tau kway (fried carrot cake), and a pleasant evening walk. On this note, let me give thanks for: 

  • Help with Trainer Profile. A fellow trainer recently asked whether I would be interested in delivering a module for an Advanced Diploma programme at an academy. I am grateful for the opportunity, and today I finally got down to developing my trainer profile for the application. Beyond the task itself, it felt affirming to be considered for this role as I continue to grow in my work as a trainer and coach. I will let the profile sit for a couple more days before reviewing it again and submitting it, and I am grateful to my friends and, of course, Gen AI, for helping me refine it. 
  • Indulgences & Company. Lately, I have been craving cai tau kway, and I persuaded D to join me for it this afternoon. It was exactly what I had been looking forward to - black, nicely charred, and thoroughly satisfying. While we were at it, we also shared a plate of rojak. It was a simple but very enjoyable treat. To top it off, since we had been talking about durians recently, we ended the afternoon with a box of Mao Shan Wang. Lol... I am grateful for these little indulgences and for D’s company. 
  • An Intentional Day. I started the day with clear intentions: to work on my trainer profile, fulfil my craving and complete my step count. I am glad I managed to do all of these and more. In anticipation of my indulgence, I kept lunch light with 3 hard-boiled eggs. While I did not strictly track calories, I was mindful enough to enjoy the day without going too far off my usual balance, while still meeting my exercise needs. For this awareness and self-discipline, I am grateful. 
Overall, I thought the day was well spent. It has been a while since I enjoyed such rich food, and I end the day feeling happy and content.

No comments:

Post a Comment