I was supposed to volunteer for a Vesak event today, but it didn't materialise.
I arrived at the venue earlier than the pre-arranged time and a pre-event prayer was in progress. The chant felt soothing, and I respectfully stepped aside to a corner and simply listened. The coordinator wasn't there yet and I decided to take a walk around the venue instead. Many booths had been set up, and many people were busy preparing for the crowd to arrive.
As I looked around, I felt out of place. I felt I didn't belong. Perhaps it was the Chinese-speaking environment, or perhaps it was because everyone present seemed to belong to an organisation. I waited for about an hour for the co-ordinator but he was no where to be found. I decided to leave and head to Simei for my morning kopi-o-kosong. Over my kopi-o-kosong, I pondered why I felt this way: Had it something to do with my dream last night? Or perhaps I simply did not get enough sleep? Or was it an outcome of some other lingering issues?
I came home to rest after my kopi-o-kosong. Let's not overthink the reasons behind it.
No comments:
Post a Comment