Wednesday, 21 September 2011

dental check-up

i finally went for my dental check up after more than a year and a half. felt guilty about it. should have done it on a 6-monthly basis. anyway, i visited the dentist yesterday morning. i simply walked in, asked for a slot for scaling to be done on the spot. i was surprised they actually accomodated my request!

walked into the room and the dentist made some small talk... he went on about how i should do my check up once every half yearly and la la la... and then asked if i smoke. hmmm, no i replied and i quickly added, i drink coffee. i sensed where he was coming from from that question. yup, dentist trying to do small talk but in actual fact trying to establish possible causes behind what he saw - stained teeth. and i was right, he was quick to add, yup, i am a coffee drinker too. one of those little pleasures in our life that we should not deny ourselves, life is too short for that. he continued, no worries, we'll get the stain off in no time... see! just as i thought!

in all, the scaling was done very quickly and well. the dentist took some x-rays and then after all the scaling and stuff told me that he found 4 cavities. need to touch up he said. i agreed and he went about doing the needful. in all, the treatment was very well done and the experience was good... until... i walked out, and the reception came up to me, did a quick calculation and pass me the bill... sgd340!

aiyoh... painful man... but well... no choice...

:-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, if you want on the spot dental services, you have to pay for them!

    For me, to cut down on costs, I go to the dental polyclinic. I only started to go for my dental checkup late last year. I was having painful gums then when I tried to fix my first appointment with the polyclinic.

    I was kind of disappointed when I was told I had to wait THREE LONG MONTHS!!! for my appointment for I had already endured the pain for two weeks. Anyway luck was on my side because a patient cancelled his/her appointment so I was able to see a dentist a few days later.

    I couldn't persuade my teen son to go to the dentist. He has probia because his school dentist accidently cut him during a routine annual dental checkup at his primary school. I guess only he can work through this himself. His teeth need scaling terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, i tried making an appt at the tampines dental polyclinic and guess what? the person who answered the call told me the wait at tampines was at least 6 months. and she added, "can i suggest you call bedok instead cos we are really busy..." and when i called bedok, i was told the same thing...

    darned! i gave up after that.

    ReplyDelete