Monday, 18 July 2011

departures again

i know i have posted this here before... but i simply cannot but post this again. this show always make me cry, laugh, cry, laugh and cry again... such an excellent show! it is about life, and about death. and every single person in the show has his/ her story. it is simply amazing. even the music itself is so excellently written. listening to me quietens me. anyway, for those who have not watch the movie, you can do a search in youtube... there are a total of 14 parts to it. here's the part 1... subsequent parts will follow-on once the preceding part ends...

enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for posting this. It was so touching, I wept throughout. Sometimes, I don’t really like myself – too emotional and weak.

    Part 1 reminded me of my elder brother. He was not even 50 when he chose to leave; it was his second attempt – death by charcoal. It has been a little more than a year. There was a lot of anger, sadness, pain, what ifs, whys and guilt even. I feel our mind is our greatest enemy. When we can’t stop it from thinking wild thoughts, negative thoughts, it creates a lot of problems for us.

    I was one of those in the family who didn’t get to see him for the last time. In the words of my eldest brother who saw to his funeral, he was cut up like ‘a can of sardines’ during the autopsy. His widow broke down when she saw his mutilated body; he was a handsome man. I guess it’s just as well I didn’t get to see him. I won’t be able to take it.

    The last part when the lead actor lost his father – I thought of my father-in-law who passed on last February. My husband and his siblings didn’t get to see him or pay respect for the last time. My mother-in-law strongly forbade them from doing so. She divorced him years ago on grounds of infidelity and the children forever lost a father. My late FIL had daughters but no son with his second wife, my MIL refused to let his sons send him off. It’s sad isn’t it? – for my MIL to spend about 40 years of her life consumed by hatred, anger and pain. The children got hurt the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ladybird, thanks for sharing. it is certainly regretable that one has to be so affected by one's past. but i can fully understand the hurt. and in a way, it is a good reminder to ourselves not to be too attached to our past, to learn to let things go, to learn to see things from a more positive perspective. yes, it is not easy, but i am sure if we put our efforts to it, we should be able to do it.

    and reading from your comments, i can also say that you do have a very difficult past. i do wish you every success in coming to terms with them and in time to come, to see them as precious lessons and experiences that have strengthen you to what you are today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks. I am still learning. After all buddhism is about letting go and living in the present moment. We are what we are today because of lessons learnt and past experiences. Although I can't stop thinking of the unhappy past, I will try not to let it get me down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, word of advice - sometimes it is hard when you try to hard to forget, you remember more. so, perhaps you want to acknowledge that yes it has happened. and it had ended. and you have learned lessons from it. if there are people to forgive, forgive. yourself included. learn to be less harsh on yourself. and then move on. what is important is that you are living in the now. and if you can do that, you will find it easier to move on.

    be well.

    with metta, peace.

    ReplyDelete