With 2026 round the corner, it just hit me that I will be entering a new decade of my life in the coming year.
By the Chinese zodiac cycle, I would have fully completed my sexagenary cycle (六十甲子)or five cycles, covering all 5 elements, of the 12 animal signs - a significant milestone by traditional standards. Many people I know make it a point to celebrate their 60th birthday in a rather grand manner. After all, one is said to be “reborn” when one hits 60.
Admittedly, I did have the same thought - maybe throw a grand dinner at a restaurant and invite family and friends? Sounds good but I don’t have many friends! And as for family… let’s not even go there given the realities of who is not talking to who, who is not on good terms with who, etc…
Anyway, this is just a random post. But yes, the turn of the year has made me a little more conscious of time, and of how I should live the last phase of my life. For now, let’s close 2025 properly. I’ll post my annual reflection tomorrow at midnight.
Can’t wait for 2025 to end!
What’s the saying? Sixty is the new 40
ReplyDeleteShould be 28 ;-)
Delete(28, for some reasons, had been my ideal age…)
Happy New Year Rob!
Delete