Monday, 3 November 2025

Books I Read (Jul - Sept)

Between July and September, I probably averaged about one book a week - that’s roughly 14 to 16 books in total. When I think about it, that’s quite a lot of reading packed into three months. Some were light and contemplative, others a little heavier, but all of them spoke to me in different ways. 

Here’s what I can recall of the list so far:
These are the ones I can remember for now - there were definitely more. I’ll try to add to the list as they come back to me. The themes running through it - mindfulness, meaning, courage, and the human spirit - mirrored what I was reflecting on during those months too.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your reading list. I'll check these out. You might want to highlight the ones you thought were the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rob, I personally enjoyed 1, 2, 3 the most as they are easy reads and full of short, catchy life wisdoms. 5 & 6 is very dark given the context and it was very difficult to read. I read 7 & 13 (that cover the life of a person and the challenges they went through) after 5 & 6 and this found it quite refreshing. As for 8, I re-started my meditation in July and found it very useful. The Alchemist (9) is a stand alone book and not related to 10&11. If you are into the fantasy genre, you can read them. I personally prefer 9 as I found 10&11 somewhat boring after a while. 12 started off well as I found the writing style interesting but I got bored after a while. Nonetheless, it offers many life’s wisdom.

      Delete
    2. 14 is a compilation short stories about dogs and cats (and an occasional rabbit, snake, horse, etc). Nice break for me after reading all the heavy stuff. Bring a smile to me as I read them but I got bored becos of the many many stories inside.

      Delete
  2. As the blog entry was written from memory, those that created the deepest impression and made the most impact on me came to mind first… so yeah, you probably can sense this from my comments above too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started back reading recently, I have been trying to find books at cheaper price. In Malaysia, an entirely new paperback book costs around RM50. I have come across a shop selling 2nd hand books but, to my disappointment, the arrangement of the titles are so confusing and everywhere. Although there are priced at below RM20, still expensive to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, books can cost more compared to say online version. But nothing beats having something that we can hold and flip in our hands! And it does help a lot for bookshops to properly organise their books. Btw, how are the public libraries in KL? If they are good, that’s one possible way to save money while enjoying books.

      Delete