Met up with an old friend for lunch earlier. What might have been a nice and warm reunion turned painfully awkward. I have known this friend for over 45 years and considered him a close friend. But the conversation went awry halfway through and I had to stop him from continuing.
I walked out of the conversation feeling deeply judged and very disturbed, something that I didn’t expect. I won’t go into details of the conversation but suffice to say that at the end of the day, I decided that it is better for him to decide how this friendship continues.
As for me, I am moving forward with the quiet resolve to keep and protect my peace.
I can totally relate how you feel about it.
ReplyDeleteI had a close gay friend and we met many years back. We always spoke our minds to each other. We seemed to have a lot to talk about over whatsapp/fb messenger. But everytime we met up for lunch date, our conversation seemed to be on halt awkwardly. Like we have nothing to talk about as we have talked everything online.
Needless to say, I ghosted him as I ended our friendship.