Tuesday, 18 December 2018

Happy 52 to myself


I turned 52 yesterday. 

It was a non-affair for me. It simply whizzed by although people around me were quite excited about it. I received numerous whatsapps from friends throughout the day wishing me well. It was quite a nice feeling knowing my friends remembered me. And truth be told, I have asked myself if I would live to see my next birthday. I don't know, given my constant breathlessness, and occasional chest pains. I am also beginning to experience trembling hands, slurring speeches, forgetfulness, typos in my emails, etc. 

I have just done a blood test and got myself hooked up to the Holter again just now. Will be doing a review tomorrow before another doctor will assess my suitability to go through angioplasty. If all things are ok, I think it would be done some time next month. We'll see.

2019 will be a tough one for me at work. Have relinquished my port-folio and accepted a new one. The pressures are high to write a new chapter for the company. And my best-in-the-world boss has signaled to me the strong possibility of her resigning... Will write more in time to come. For now, just giving myself the space to just zen-off and take things slow, even if I come across as being a little more laid back during work time.

It's the year-end mood after all. Let's not be too hard on myself.

Happy birthday to myself.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    Hope your health issues get sorted out, and good luck with the procedure.
    Take care

    Harry d.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Harry! Hope alls well with you too!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! You are in good hands, and I believe you will get over the ordeal soon. Do you think of quitting your job temporarily to take good care of your health?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Alfred! Have been moved to a new position and let’s see how. If my health is affected, I’ll leave.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete