Sunday, 23 December 2018

自爱

Do you have something that you need to talk about? a dear friend asked. No, all’s good, I said. Whatever it is, just remember these two words:

自爱

(translated to “Love/-ing yourself”), my friend added, even as she does not know anything about what happened. That, to me, was the best reminder possible for me at this time... I supposed she knows I am the type that gives my all when in a relationship and always end up being misunderstood or hurt. 

I have to learn to listen to my brain more and my heart less. Cos all the time, when I listen to my heart, I will justify for people why they did what they did, give them the benefit of doubt, and invariably end up hurting myself. Had happened through my life and it happened again. There’s just a very fine and grey line between loving oneself and loving people.

It will be very difficult for me, but I must try.

(I found this link when I googled "Self-Love". As I read, I realised how I had been shortchanging myself for so long)

No comments:

Post a Comment