A new department was created from scratch and I was asked to lead this department. I was given this opportunity because the company felt I was best suited for it. For me, I decided to accept it because I thought it would be less stressful (given a smaller team and that I have the ability to decide how I should scope it). But, more importantly, I accepted the role because of the fact that I will continue to work with my current boss. The understanding between my boss and I has been that I will focus on the work and she will handle the people (aka politics). That understanding had worked out perfectly for the last 2 years.
Last week, I finally relinquished my position and handed it over to a new chap. As part of handing over the department, I will, however, have to close the year, prepare the new fiscal year’s budget and aid in all outstanding projects. And after that, I have been tasked to play the role of an advisor for the new chap as he runs in in the next 3-6 months. As for the new port folio, the scope was enlarged and the bosses has ambitiously promised top management a lot more things than what I had expected. So you can imagine the amount of things I had to do and the challenges I am faced with during this period.
And then my boss dropped a bomb shell on me two days ago - that she had tendered her resignation.
Wtf!
Wtf!
No comments:
Post a Comment