Last weekend’s module turned out to be a real high point for me - I scored 4.9 out of 5.0 for overall trainer effectiveness! It’s a far cry from the painful 4.0 I got during my first attempt back in March - and I was told then that scoring below 4.2 consistently would put my trainer job at risk. Pressurizing, right?
Looking back, I’m truly grateful that the effort I’ve put into reviewing my content, refining my approach, and tweaking the activities has paid off. Since that first session, I’ve been averaging between 4.5 and 4.7 for all the modules I’ve conducted, and this recent score felt like a nod of recognition.
What made this last run special was the energy and engagement from the trainees - it was infectious. I think choosing to trim the content a little and focus more on encouraging questions, interaction, and collaboration really made a difference. That said, I won’t be teaching this particular module again anytime soon, so I’d better jot down my learnings while they’re still fresh.
In two weeks, I’ll be running another module - the very one I fumbled back in March. It’s super content-heavy and packed with complex concepts, which makes it a tough one. But I’ve improved since then, and I’m up for the challenge. Time to dive back in, review the content again, and sharpen it even further. It’s going to be tough, but honestly? I’m excited.
For a trainer, connecting with the group is an art. Necessary to keep your scores up. Sounds like you are making good progress with this!
ReplyDeleteIndeed Rob! The challenge lie in being able to be effective given the amount of prescribed content that we, as trainers, are required to deliver. But yeah, it forces us to be experts in our trade!
Delete