Have been feeling somewhat under the weather over the past couple of weeks. You know, that kind of sick-but-not-really-sick, healthy-yet-not-quite-the-picture-of-health kind of state. Not a very comfortable place to be, I must say. It didn’t help that my mind was highly disturbed and I had insomnia most nights.
And finally, a few days ago, my body gave way and everything fell apart – terrible body aches, the sinus got badly choked, the parching feel in the sinus roof at night, followed very swiftly by a sore throat and congestion, then a violent cough, and since yesterday, I’ve finally lost my voice. Coughing and losing my voice is usually the start of a quick deterioration in my health whenever the flu sets in.
It was almost a repeat of what happened in early April, but this time round, I couldn’t allow it to get worse. I went to see the doctor and was prescribed a whole bunch of medications. It’s the usual flu season thing, the doctor explained, and shared that there’s been a spike in flu cases over the past two months.
It’s an unfortunate time to fall ill, as I’ve booked my tickets to KL tomorrow. But I’m not going to let this setback stop me. I’ll still go ahead with the trip – even if it means sleeping in when I’m there. And so, I shall drown myself in herbal tea today and hope for the very best. I’m sure things will be okay by tomorrow.
P.S. My back has improved a lot after visiting the sinseh, and I’m able to move about without too much trouble now. But still, I need to do so mindfully – can’t risk any further mishap until it’s fully recovered.
Sinseh -- I had to google that one. Traditional Chinese physician. What did they do to your back?
ReplyDeleteSinseh is a direct translation from the word 先生, or Mr, or an honorific term used for TCM physicians. For back treatment, he would do the usual cupping to relax the muscles before doing the adjustments - similar to what a chiropractor would do. And he will also massage it a little before applying a medical plaster onto it. Interestingly, after feeling my lower back, he told me that it is not in the best state and that I’ve injured it before. Thus, I need to be careful and avoid sudden jerks. He also advised me not to take peanuts.
ReplyDelete