Thursday, 20 March 2025

Survived my first course

These past weeks have been rather hellish, culminating this week when I delivered my first virtual course. 

The course administration was a killer. I had to mark attendance, verify learners identity, operate and update the trainers' portal, manage the learners management system, etc while concurrently engaging the learners - it was insane! As for the learners, they came from all walks of life, were of varying seniority, work experiences, backgrounds, and nationalities. By the end of Day 1, I was completely drained. 

Day 2 started off slightly better as I managed the administration more efficiently, having learned my lessons from Day 1. But things got chaotic when my class couldn’t access the online assessment! I was literally sweating buckets, frantically calling technical support and my more seasoned trainer peers while trying every possible way to grant learners access. In the end, I started the assessment an hour late! 

I wrapped up the two-day course only to realize I had forgotten to get learners to complete one of the two course evaluations. Some even left before I inform them of their results and obtaining their acknowledgment resulting in my inability to complete my post-course administrations. It's been 2 days and I have yet to submit my post-course documents! 

Now, even as I’m rushing to complete post-course reports and compiling all the documents for submission - I am also preparing for another two-day module that will be held this weekend and a third module that will start next Thursday. I am feeling superbly exhausted right now! Sighs. 

Positively, this craziness should be temporary. The next run will be smoother as I get more familiar with the administration. And above all, I’m finally earning an income, and that’s one helluva good reason to stay calm and push on! So yeah, I’m embracing it all with a smile and a pat on my back. I survived. 

:-)

2 comments:

  1. This is good progress. The first course certainly wouldn't go perfectly. I hope this is a start of a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rob, thanks! I am sure things can only get better with more runs! Appreciate you dropping by and commenting! Hope things have been going well on your end.

    ReplyDelete