Thursday, 2 July 2020

Horrifying developments

I've been following news from US, UK and China lately (in my attempt to avoid local news due to elections) and it's really worrisome to see how the COVID-19 is spiking in the Americas. The trend of new cases recorded daily is scary. And this morning I woke up to a sudden jump of more than 51k cases in the US.

I wish my friends in US all the best. Please stay safe, wear a mask, keep your social distance and continue to practice highest levels of personal hygiene.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeffrey,

    It is crazy the way many states came out of the "stay at home" orders: very abrupt and reckless. My state did a moderate step out, but are still seeing a surge in the major cities / counties. It's still under control here but a worrisome step-up in cases.

    I'm staying safe and very careful. Still haven't gone for a haircut, although I did go to the dentist for a scheduled cleaning: they were always careful in maintaining hygiene, but have really stepped it up and with additional precautions. Of course, it is also more expensive ;-)

    I'm afraid we're in it until there is an effective vaccine :-(

    Best wishes, Edwin (masked and socially distant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Edwin!

    It’s so good to hear from you and to know that you are keeping safe and well. I have been following news and it certainly is worrisome to see the daily highs. And it doesn’t do good to know all the things that people are doing that expose them to the virus. Very unnecessary and very ill-informed (or perhaps simply stupidity?).

    Please keep well!


    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete