Sunday, 12 May 2013

more human than a dog

my sis-in-law's mother from china came to my place today and she was so amused at how i treated sapphie... 

but as fas as i was concerned, i didn't do anything special. i just gave her a bathe, dried her using a towel, and she gave me her paws and her legs as i dried them one by one. and then she turned around to allow me to dry her body, her head and her butt and tail. and as i laid a dry towel on the floor, she started rolling around it to dry her body as well as her own face. and then i fed her apples and mangoes. and she licked the mango seeds totally dry... and of cos, i brushed her teeth.

and my sis-in-law's mother observed as i did all these. and she asked a couple of questions here and there. questions like: where did she sleep? (in my room), what is her diet like? (vegetarian), what did you bath her with? (shampoo)... and then she exclaimed... wah... your singaporean dog is like a human! and she has a better life than many people i know in china! i had a dog before and i have never given my dog a bath! not to mention, eat fruits some more! my dog ate meat primarily and she ran away after 9 years... and you know, she gave birth to so many puppies, we threw them all away. couldn't care even if they die. there were just too many of them...

hmmm.... well, what can i say... that my dog has a good life?

haha... i supposed she has good karma. 

4 comments:

  1. You dint bring your dog to spa?

    I am like imagining you and a few other dog owner, bringing pets to spa/cafe, gossip over tea, showing off expensive bags etc.

    Singaporeans... maybe its just my imagination =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.... Am so happy to see u in this space again. For a while, I thought you'd disappeared. Anyway.... Yeah... My dog is a family member! But no no... No spa for her. There is a limit to what I will do for dogs! They are after all, animals! So, no spas, no manicures and pedicures... If they have long nails or fur, I will cut for them! And come to think of it, I have always been the groomer for my dog. Don't believe in spending money on such things!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I treat my dog like family too, we call her little sister, not sure whether she has bad or good karma but I am sure dogs like her have a good life lol -Zenpoet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Zenpoet, nice to hear from you again! Been a long while... I sometimes refer to her as a human (like 她一个人在家。。。)... heh heh. just so used to it...

    ReplyDelete