It’s only been 3 short days and there’ve been so many happenings! Let’s see:
- Job Offer. I was offered the job and the contract came within a day of the interview! Reflecting on it, it wasn’t much of an interview per se. Rather, it was more like a conversation and I was very much in control. Glad I prepared myself well for it. Happy with the outcome! And of course, I managed to prepare all the necessary documents for them over the weekend!
- Hello. I was out for my afternoon coffee when I crossed paths with the closeted bi guy again. This time round, he actually looked at me, smiled and nodded his head. I guess it was because his wife and son weren’t with him. Anyway, I nodded back.
- Ouch. I went on the Bukit Timah–MacRitchie hike today. Along the way, I walked past a group of youngsters - probably in their early 20s. As I passed them, one of them said: “Look at old people, they walk like it’s so easy. But look at us youngsters, like wanna die already…” Such an 一针见血 (literally “one needle and you see blood”) kind of sentence - sayang and kill at the same time…
- 40k. I’ll be conducting a course over the next 2 days. Gonna be busy and probably won’t be able to hit my daily walking targets. So I increased my walking distance today instead. I should end the day with about 40k steps or around 26 km. I bet I’ll sleep well tonight!
- Fat. I tried the KFC National Day special - prata, curry, sambal and chicken. It was actually quite good. Will probably try the McDonald’s Curry Burger in the coming week. It’s nice that these fast-food joints come up with local flavours for National Day. The downside for me? I get fat!
- Spontaneous. It’s nice being spontaneous these past couple of days. I wanted to get out of the house and, without any agenda in mind, decided to just take whichever bus that arrived at the bus stop first. So I ended up spending some good time at Jewel at the airport. Lovely to just people-watch and enjoy the surroundings!
- Public Person. Was at Jewel and saw a political office holder. He looked at me like as though he know me. I just look straight through him and walked on. Never liked to look at public figures like as though they are some weird creatures, much less call out to them. I’m sure they’d like that too.
So yeah, quite a lot has happened in just 3 days. Quite a bit of life lived too - work, admin, training preparation, walks, hikes, meeting friends, and much more. Grateful for everything that unfolded.

No comments:
Post a Comment