Training, coaching and mentoring took centre stage this week. It was tiring, but also deeply fulfilling and meaningful. And I am grateful for the experiences, despite feeling somewhat under the weather at the moment:
- Training. I conducted training on Mon and Tues. It was, as always, very draining. Despite that, I drew much energy from the very participative learners. As always, there were one or two who chose to tune out, and it was superbly obvious. I simply let them be, but made my displeasure clear to them privately. I took the position that, as adults, they are responsible for their own learning. If they choose not to participate fully, there is only so much I can do to help them.
- Validation. The 2 days went better than I thought. Despite the challenging topic, everyone gave feedback that they had learnt much and were appreciative of the experience they had. I was pleasantly hesurprised with the near perfect trainer effectiveness score in the evaluation. It was the highest score I have ever received and validated the efforts I put in.
- Coaching. I met up with a coachee yesterday and it turned into a long session! I had not coached for quite a while and I must say that my coaching had become somewhat rusty. Nonetheless, I was glad and grateful to my coachee for the opportunity to practice again.
- Mentoring. I met up with a new mentee today. I was surprised by how smooth the conversation went. The chemistry was good and he was very enthusiastic about this mentoring. We ended the call after a quick intro and have arranged to meet for a more in-depth session next week. I am very much looking forward to it.
Over the last 2 years, I have placed much emphasis on giving back to society through training, coaching and mentoring. Last few days have therefore been especially meaningful. I am grateful for them and could not have asked for more.
No comments:
Post a Comment