I’ve received my first paycheck from the trainings I conducted in March! It’s so nice to see this being credited, especially since I have not had any income (apart from my room rental) since December 2023.
It’s not a big amount, but it’s a great relief to me, especially when what I have in my bank account would otherwise run dry in a month or two. So yes, this added income is timely and a much-needed boost. It tells me I’m heading in the right direction. Moving forward, I can expect some engagements on a monthly basis - some months more, some months less. I shall continue with this and allow things to stabilise before deciding how much more I should commit myself to for other opportunities.
Speaking of opportunities, a peer trainer recently approached me to help deliver parts of her module at a local university. I have agreed to help her, as the topic is an interesting one. I also recognise that this may open up future engagements with the university, which I am looking forward to. There are several other opportunities as well, including the possibility of starting a business. However, I will need to be selective about which ones to pursue. A key factor guiding my decision-making is to stay true to my intention of pivoting towards a career that allows me to remain mentally and socially engaged as I approach retirement. At the same time, I also want to ensure I carve out enough personal time for myself, even as I take on freelance work.
I am happy with the direction I am heading currently. Once things stabilise a little more, I can start to think about how to expand my coaching clientele. Coaching, although not my focus when it comes to generating an active income stream, keeps me engaged and I truly enjoy the conversations. Most importantly, I am motivated by the positive energy of my coachees at the end of every conversation.
:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment