Sunday, 13 April 2025

Infection

I went to the doctor on Friday evening. Was told I had a very bad throat infection that has spread to my upper respiratory track, my sinus and my chest. I was also running a fever without realizing it. Was given quite a bit of medication, including antibiotics. 

The medications worked wonders. The fever subsided, the sinus and airways cleared, and my cough stopped within 24 hours. As of now, I still have lingering backflow, congestion and cough but it should clear off within the next couple of days. Such a relief. 

Reflecting, I do noticed that post-COVID, I tend to suffer more intense URTI and recovery time is a lot longer. It usually starts off with a cough and quickly deteriorate. URTI used to be a simple affair lasting no more than 3-4 days. But now, it usually stretches to 3 weeks at least. 

Not too sure why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment