Tuesday, 22 April 2025

Signs of Growing Old(er)

It's kinda interesting to note the changes in my body stats over the last couple of years. Whether this is due to age, lifestyle, dietary habits, etc, I am not sure. Or perhaps it is a combination of all? LOL... here're what I have noticed:

  • Height - it used to be 1.70m for most part of my adult life, but lately, I am seeing myself registering a tat shorter than usual. At times, I measure 1.69m. Is this due to age? I don't know.
  • Weight - Before COVID-19, my weight went as high as 84kg. I lost about 10kg during the lock down period and I was about 74kg for a few years after that and had stayed quite constant. Lately, I started weighing myself again and I noted that it had dropped to 71kg (plus minus a bit). I could only attribute this to my dietary habits.
  • Waistline - It hit 36" at my peak before COVID-19. I had not measured it for a long while but I do noticed myself being able to wear my old work pants again last year. And today, while shopping for a pair of pants, I found myself fitting into a size 31"! Anyway, I decided to get a 32" to give myself some allowance for possible growth (laterally)!
It's interesting to note these changes but I can only suspect the rate of change will increase with time. Apart from these, I have also noticed physical changes such as more saggy skin around my body, my arms, my face; appearance of age-related spots on my neck, hands and body, etc. These are perhaps signs of aging that no one can avoid. And admittedly, the vain side of me did consider going for a facelift but the logical part of me told me to be real and don't waste my money over such procedures. Then again, I pride myself for looking younger than my straight peers. Oh man, for some reasons, they look so haggard and old!

:-)

(I'm such a bitch... Hahaha)

2 comments:

  1. A facelift is a waste of money? I guess it depends on how you value the improvement in your looks. Remember that when it comes to money, you can't take it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha… I all depends on one’s priorities. When finances is in abundance, such procedures are perhaps a very good option to take. But it is certainly not something I would consider when finances are tight.

    Perhaps the crux of the issue is self-confidence and being confident of myself, regardless of looks and aging gracefully is a better option.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts Rob.


    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete