Wednesday, 26 February 2025

New milestone - Paid coaching

I did my first paid coaching session today. 

Last week, I got a call from a dear friend who told me he needed coaching. This followed an earlier session I had with him last month, which he found very useful. Fast forward to now - he was feeling frustrated and stuck again with the same issue. Without hesitation, I agreed to coach him. But there was a catch. I will pay you, or I won’t let you coach me. I’ll be your first paid coachee, and hopefully, this will turn things around for you! he declared. I wasn’t expecting this, but I truly wanted to help him. So, I told him he could decide what he thought the session was worth. 

This morning, I completed the session with him. I helped him gain clarity on his thoughts and the steps he needed to take to move forward. I was glad I could support him. But above all, I’m incredibly grateful for his support in my journey. Back when I was unsure about pivoting my career to freelancing, he was the first to say, I will support you, no matter what you decide. He was also the one who referred me to his friend - who later became my first “non-friend” client. And now, he has become my first paid client.

Thank you, A. 

😊

2 comments:

  1. This is a great milestone. I hope it turns into many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob. I hope so too… but objectively my current focus (at least in the immediate months) is to stabilize my training side first… that is where the regular income is 😊

    ReplyDelete