
I downloaded the Xiaohongshu 小红书 app just before the CNY period and was immediately intrigued by the posts and conversations. This was especially so because it coincided with TikTok’s shutdown in the U.S. (just before the presidential inauguration) and there were many “TikTok refugees” - people who chose to migrate from TikTok to Xiaohongshu.
The content and discussions on TikTok, and Xiaohongshu couldn’t be more different. The contrast in tone and perspectives between the West (particularly the U.S.) and the rest of the world (especially China) is striking. I won’t go into too much detail because there are so many layers to explore - cordial vs. toxic interactions, skepticism and cynicism vs. pride, curiosity, and more. It’s fascinating! I suppose it reflects each country’s history, culture, and approach to control and censorship.
You really have to experience it to understand what I mean. For now, Xiaohongshu has replaced TikTok as my go-to for daily social media browsing. And, of course, X, with all the toxicity and spins by too many “far right extremists”, is now just for porn - nothing else.
;-)
hehe. i also downloaded xiaohongshu lately!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy! 😊
ReplyDelete