Last year, I signed up as an associate trainer with two companies.
For the first company, I successfully bid for a training slot in January this year, but the company's license was suspended for three months by the government. As a result, any training with this company will only begin in April at the earliest.
For the second company, after a long wait and onboarding process, I finally secured a training slot in February. Excitedly, I made the effort to observe a class a couple of weeks ago and put in significant preparation to ensure I was ready to deliver the module. However, last week, I was informed that my class would be reassigned to the module lead due to the introduction of new content. Such a bummer! I was particularly frustrated that I hadn’t been informed about the ongoing content review, especially after investing so much effort into my preparations. To make up for this, the coordinator assigned me additional classes in March. This is on top of the two classes I was already assigned - though, unfortunately, the new topic is one I’m not very familiar with. Doh!
Given my experience with the February module, I decided to check whether new content would also be introduced for the two modules I’m scheduled to conduct in March. To my horror, the coordinator confirmed that there would be changes but said he would only provide details closer to the training date. This is quite unsettling, as it may leave me with little time to research and prepare for all three modules occurring almost back-to-back. That said, I’ve decided to take things in stride. As a new trainer in the team, I’ll observe how things are done and the dynamics between key players. Objectively, content reviews and refreshes don’t happen too often. On the bright side, exposure to new courses could open up more opportunities for me in the months ahead - and that’s a good thing.
When training resumes for the first company in April, I do foresee myself getting pretty busy with training commitments on both ends. But for now (at least in February), I’ll have a bit more time to focus on my own well-being.
:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment