Tuesday, 23 June 2020

Upcoming Elections

And so it’s finally announced that the Writ of Election had been issued and Parliament dissolved. We will head to the polls on 10 July. It’s unprecedented to do an elections in the midst of a pandemic but thankfully the situation is very much in control and many measures have been put in place to ensure everyone’s safety as we head to the polls.

This upcoming 2 weeks will be challenging for me. I don’t like election period cos there are many very emotional voices that are often very personal and illogical, and behaviours that are downright unpalatable and ugly amongst many voters and politicians alike. And I find these very stressful.

So... I’m gonna totally switch off, stay away from anything and anyone that discusses politics. Will return after elections is over.

2 comments:

  1. Aren't your Sg elections a foregone conclusion? You have the ruling Lee family that will be in power forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rob, you will never know what surprises might appear. Personally, I think the opposition is in a mess and don’t really have coherent policies to sell. I mean, what do you expect from the opposition party if they explicitly state that their tactic is to win enough places in the parliament and not topple the incumbent government? Anyway, I’m just tuning off...

    ReplyDelete