Thursday, 23 April 2020

WFH routines

I started working from home since 6 Apr and my initial weeks were terrible and highly stressful. And the following are what I have learned to do since to maintain a certain level of sanity in my schedule during this WFH period:
  • I block my calendar to prevent people from sending me meeting invites at unreasonable times eg during lunch or in the evenings.
  • I block my calendar to make sure I have time to do my work, engage my staff, as a team and one on one. Its crazy how some people assume you are always free just because your schedule has an innocent looking unblocked slot.
  • I block my time to give myself the me time to rest mentally. This may be to catch up with rest, to cook my lunch, to do my personal admin, etc. Come to think of it, when I work from office, we planned for travel time to meetings, meeting breaks etc. These gives us the mental breaks we need.
WFH does not mean all my time are open for meetings ALL the time. I will of course be professional to ensure I prioritise my time correctly, do what I need to do to earn my pay, and deliver my performance as expected of me.

Agree?

2 comments:

  1. I'm finding that I work many more hours now that I'm at home. Roll out of bed at 7 and get right on the computer. Get some dinner and then go back to finish a few things, and now it's into the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree Rob. And it’s easy to get fatigue. Need to plan deliberate breaks to preserve sanity...

    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete